What makes tango tango? A Tango tasting session hosted by Tango Newcastle aficionados and Tango Teacher Belén Silva.
Come and join us for a special late afternoon tea, and muse over Tango.
Many of you have been interested and curious about this beautiful dance and we have created an opportunity for you to come and check it out, and learn some background. A beginners class is being prepared for the coming months, so if you have been contemplating learning, this is a great chance to find out more, and how to get started.
The session will include discussions about:
- Why is Tango a popular world phenomenon?
- How and when did Tango start?
- What is a Milonga?
- We will talk about the development of different styles, rhythms and music.
- We will play you music and show clips of Tango styles over the century.
- We will discuss and show Tango basics: Embrace, posture and connection.
- We will have some fun and begin walking to the music, trying an embrace and a few steps (no partner required).
- We will have some dance demonstrations.
- Afternoon tea and snacks in Argentine style will be served.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 5:00pm until 8:00pm
Where: Cardiff Senior Citizens Hall, 52 Harrison Street, Cardiff, NSW 2285.
Donation kindly requested: $10 to cover hall hire and food.
Please RSVP to: Tangonewy@gmail.com and invite anyone who might be interested!