Belén Silva is back in Newcastle with a schedule of classes twice a month! The first class is on Sunday 4 May 2014 at 48 Watt St, Newcastle (The Church), from 12:15PM. See you tango lovers there!
Lovers of tango, classical, jazz and latin music: the tango sextet Alturas will perform at the Royal Exchange launching their CD Café con Tango on 19th April 2013. A rare opportunity in Newcastle to enjoy tango chamber music of a high calibre.
‘Alturas’ have been performing as a group since 2009. The group started as a duo with Gaye Thomas – flute and Jane Andino – piano. It has over the years grown to become a sextet, performing throughout Eastern Australia.
Their debut CD, Café con Tango includes works by Astor Piazzolla, Pablo Ziegler, Fernando Egozcue, as well as traditional tangos and some original tango-inspired pieces.
Newcastle has the great opportunity to receive this dance couple from Argentina, who were winners of the world tango competition held in Buenos Aires in 2008 (http://danielnacucchio.blogspot.com.au/).
They will be giving 3 Workshops and Performance on the Friday Milonga.
Workshops: one on Friday and two on Saturday.
Friday Workshop 1: 7:30 pm to 9 pm.
TURN AND THE ART OF PAUSING -GIROS Y PAUSAS.
Turns are essential for navigation on the dance floor. This workshop will explore the musicality and technique of turns, in particular with respect to the uses of pauses, thus expanding the possibilities for interpreting the music.
Saturday Workshop 2: 11AM – 12:30 pm
VILLA URQUIZA STYLE TANGO (turns, walk and embellishment) – ESTILO
VILLA URQUIZA (giros, caminatas y adornos).
Daniel and Cristina belong to the very few teachers of the Villa Urquiza style, which is characterized by an elegant walk, musical adornments and spry movements with abundance of giros, enrosques, lapices and agujas. Learn from them the very elegant steps of this style of refinement and subtlety made famous in the milongas Club Sin Rumbo and Sunderland in Buenos Aires and adopted by the best dancers of Salon Tango. Nowadays, Villa Urquiza Tango-style is also adopted by most of the dancers competing at the World Tango Championship.
Saturday Workshop 3: 1 pm to 2:30 pm
WORKSHOP FOR D’ARIENZO-HOLICS – how to dance to D’Arienzo respecting
the Line of Dance
Milonga: will be having performance by Daniel and Cristina.
Coffe and tea cake will be provided, this is BYO drinks and Food.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR ALL THE WORKSHOPS. PLEASE CONTACT MAURICIO ON 0407701328 OR email@example.com
One or Two workshops $40 each
Three Workshops $35 each
Milonga. special performance by Daniel and Cristina $20
This event is organised by Mauricio Hernandez (Ruedisima) and supported by Morena Dancewear.
An event communicated by Jenny & Vince Merlo from Hobart. Sounds like a great opportunity for a tango weekend escape to Tasmania in October!
Tango Milonguero Tasmania invites you to an intense tango weekend in the southernmost Australian Capital.
Experience the friendly atmosphere, the relaxed lifestyle, the pristine and fresh air.
Taste the delicious seafood, take the opportunity for a tour around Hobart, or explore the State with its natural and unspoiled beauty. Most important, immerse yourself in three days of tango at its best.
Advance program preview
- 12th Friday afternoon at the Masonic Hall, 3 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Workshop with Karina & Fabian (syllabus to be advised soon) 7:00 to 8:30 pm Dinner in the Salamanca or waterfront area followed by an informal Milonga
- 13th Saturday morning free for visit to Hobart hot spots (Salamanca market) Saturday afternoon at the Masonic Hall, 3 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Workshops with Karina & Fabian (syllabus to be advised soon) 1:00 to 2:30 and 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- 13th Saturday Night Gala Milonga & performances at the Australian Italian Club, 77 Federal St., North Hobart,
- 14th Sunday afternoon at the Masonic Hall, 3 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Workshops with Karina & Fabian (syllabus to be advised soon) 2:00 to 3:30 and 4:00 to 5:30 pm Sunday night dinner get together after the workshops (time and place to be advised)
For Workshops/classes bookings please contact Karina & Fabian Mobile 0414 431 722 Sydney Australia or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
What makes tango tango? A Tango tasting session hosted by Tango Newcastle aficionados and Tango Teacher Belén Silva.
Come and join us for a special late afternoon tea, and muse over Tango.
Many of you have been interested and curious about this beautiful dance and we have created an opportunity for you to come and check it out, and learn some background. A beginners class is being prepared for the coming months, so if you have been contemplating learning, this is a great chance to find out more, and how to get started.
The session will include discussions about:
- Why is Tango a popular world phenomenon?
- How and when did Tango start?
- What is a Milonga?
- We will talk about the development of different styles, rhythms and music.
- We will play you music and show clips of Tango styles over the century.
- We will discuss and show Tango basics: Embrace, posture and connection.
- We will have some fun and begin walking to the music, trying an embrace and a few steps (no partner required).
- We will have some dance demonstrations.
- Afternoon tea and snacks in Argentine style will be served.
When: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 5:00pm until 8:00pm
Where: Cardiff Senior Citizens Hall, 52 Harrison Street, Cardiff, NSW 2285.
Donation kindly requested: $10 to cover hall hire and food.
Please RSVP to: Tangonewy@gmail.com and invite anyone who might be interested!
We have a great “Obsession Tango” weekend coming up at Cielo (102 King St., Newcastle) with the beautiful and talented Belen Silva.
The programme is as follows:
SAT 30th OCTOBER (Beginner Classes and Obsession Tango Event)
- Belen Silva FREE introduction to tango class 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Belen Silva beginners class (walking in double time) 2.30pm-3.30pm. Cost-$20.00 per person.
- Obsession Tango Event -7.00pm till late (Dinner, live Tango demonstrations by guest performers, an introductory lesson and dance into the night with our passionate Milonguer@s!). Cost-$45.00 per person (RSVP by 29th October).
- Belen Silva general/intermed. workshop (simple barridas) 2pm –3.30pm. Cost-$25.00 per person per workshop.
- Belen Silva intermed./advanced workshop (synchronization and de-synchronization in the lead, incorporating alterations) 4.00pm–5.30pm. Cost-$25.00 per person per workshop.
NB1. If doing 2 workshops then total cost is $40.00
NB2. If attending Obsession Tango Event on Sat 30th and doing 2 workshops then total package cost is $75.00 ($65 for regular attendees of Wednesday practicas!)
- Guided Practica 5.30pm – 7.00pm. Cost-$10.00