After a brief revision of the musicality explained in Milonga 101, we will then dive deeper into some new and interesting elements, and learn how these elements work with the milonga rhythm. The bonus, however, is that I will show how many of these elements are just stolen and adapted from tango, and can be used in Tango, Milonga or Vals. The class will be structured as a 2 hour class, followed by a 1 hour practica.
Saturday 12th July
Tantrum Youth Arts 48 Watt st Newcastle
Class 2-4pm Practica 4-5pm
For further details contact Scott Baldwin on 0402 728 301
“Back in March I had the privilege of running my Milonga 101 workshop in Newcastle. I was amazed by the awesome support shown to me by the Newcastle tango scene, and have been wanting to come back and run my follow up workshop, Milonga 102, ever since. So it is with great pleasure I bring you Milonga 102.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.”
2014 class schedule in Newcastle
Belén Silva is back in Newcastle with a schedule of classes twice a month! The first class is on Sunday 4 May 2014 at 48 Watt St, Newcastle (The Church), from 12:15PM. See you tango lovers there!
We will have a great surprise next Wednesday 26 March: Scott Baldwin, a tanguero from Melbourne, will be visiting Newcastle next week and will run a Milonga Workshop for us.
Scott spent a year in Argentina in 2008, and he has run this workshop with great feedback a number of times in different places now. The link to the workshop description on his webpage is:
The details are as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 26 March 2014, form 8.00pm-10.00pm
Where: Cardiff Senior Citizens Hall, 52 Harrison Street, Cardiff, NSW
Cost: $25, which cover the hall too.
Our regular practica will be replaced by this workshop, and everyone is very welcome.
Join us for a rare opportunity for Newcastle tango lovers: the Argentinian tango maestros Belén and Aníbal will offer workshops this Sunday 20 October, at Cardiff Senior Citizens Hall, 52 Harrison Street, Cardiff, NSW. Just catching the end of Aníbal’s great Australia tour, lured to Newcastle by diosa Belén! What a treat!
- Workshop 1: 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Workshop 2: 1:45pm-2:45pm
- Práctica: 2:45pm-3:30pm
Package cost: $50.
An event communicated by Jenny & Vince Merlo from Hobart. Sounds like a great opportunity for a tango weekend escape to Tasmania in October!
Tango Milonguero Tasmania invites you to an intense tango weekend in the southernmost Australian Capital.
Experience the friendly atmosphere, the relaxed lifestyle, the pristine and fresh air.
Taste the delicious seafood, take the opportunity for a tour around Hobart, or explore the State with its natural and unspoiled beauty. Most important, immerse yourself in three days of tango at its best.
Advance program preview
- 12th Friday afternoon at the Masonic Hall, 3 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Workshop with Karina & Fabian (syllabus to be advised soon) 7:00 to 8:30 pm Dinner in the Salamanca or waterfront area followed by an informal Milonga
- 13th Saturday morning free for visit to Hobart hot spots (Salamanca market) Saturday afternoon at the Masonic Hall, 3 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Workshops with Karina & Fabian (syllabus to be advised soon) 1:00 to 2:30 and 3:00 to 4:30 pm
- 13th Saturday Night Gala Milonga & performances at the Australian Italian Club, 77 Federal St., North Hobart,
- 14th Sunday afternoon at the Masonic Hall, 3 Sandy Bay Road, Hobart Workshops with Karina & Fabian (syllabus to be advised soon) 2:00 to 3:30 and 4:00 to 5:30 pm Sunday night dinner get together after the workshops (time and place to be advised)
For Saturday Night Gala Milonga bookings at $25.00 p.p. please contact Jenny 0438 300 753 Hobart, Australia or email email@example.com. Visit http://www.tangomilonguerotasmania.com
For Workshops/classes bookings please contact Karina & Fabian Mobile 0414 431 722 Sydney Australia or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Belen Silva will be back in Newcastle this weekend and will conduct two workshops on Sunday 22 July 2012.
Details are as follows:
- Workshop 1: 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm – The lead to the cross and possibilities from the cross (approached from the follower’s perspective).
- Workshop 2: 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Introduction to symmetric and asymmetric lead (approached from the leader’s perspective). Use with musicality.
Venue: Cardiff Senior Citizens Hall, cnr Myall Rd. and Harrison St., Cardiff.
Cost: $25 per person for one workshop, $40 per person for both.
NB: Belen will also co-host A Taste of Argentine Tango on Saturday 21 July 2012.